Attorney Michelle Julyan “MJ” focuses exclusively on family law and divorce matters in order to better serve her clients. She obtained a law degree degree from Western State University College of Law in California, where she participated in her school’s family law legal clinic. Additionally, she holds a Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice from Buffalo State College and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from Hilbert College. MJ’s personal interests include martial arts as a Certified First Degree Black Belt under the American Kenpo Karate Institute and studio recording and performances as a professional musician. MJ earned a Specialist Music Certificate from Berklee School of Music in 2010 and is currently endorsed by Paul Reed Smith Guitars.
- North Carolina State Bar (2008)
- District of Columbia Bar Association (2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina (2010)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Family Law Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Family Law Section
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- American Kenpo Karate Institute
- Paul Reed Smith Guitars Pulse Artist
Professional Experience & Achievements:
- Focus exclusively on family law & divorce issues.
- Significant amount of trial experience.
- Experienced in international and interstate high-conflict child custody disputes.
- Former contributor to NC Lawyer’s Weekly regarding family law and divorce issues.
- Experienced in litigating complex asset cases.
- Speaker at LGBT Domestic Law Countinuing Education Seminars for other attorneys